DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Media & Entertainment Market Landscape – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global media & entertainment market landscape is expected to register a CAGR of over 13% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026).
The rapid evolution of technology has transformed the media and entertainment industry, along with the integration of new disruptors for generating profitable growth across the sector.
- News Corporation
- DreamWorks Animation SKG
- Eros International PLC
- Discovery Communications Inc.
- Warner Media LLC
- Comcast Corporation
- Viacom Inc.
- Walt Disney Company
- Facebook, Inc.
- Pearson PLC
- Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
- Axel Springer SE
- Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd.
- Dentsu Inc.
- BBDO Worldwide
Key Market Trends
Streaming Media Sector is Gaining Traction Due to Emergence of OTT Media Across Online Platform
- In the recent past, several live streaming virtual multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) had launched multiple offerings with a combination of live networks and on-demand contents.
- With consumers across all age groups streaming more content than ever before, there is an ongoing dynamic shift from traditional pay TV, to subscription-based paid streaming video services along with the growth in the number of smartphone & tablet devices.
- The rising popularity of high-quality videos in terms of their clarity is expected to boost the demand for better streaming media services. Furthermore, the focus of the OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon towards providing 3D movies along with the increasing popularity of 4K UHD content will be primary growth for the global media and entertainment contents thereby influencing the market’s growth positively.
North America to Register the Largest Growth Region During the Forecast Period
- The North America media and entertainment industry is the largest growing industry that includes motion pictures, television programs & commercials, streaming content, music & audio recordings, broadcast, radio, book publishing, along with the evolving social media presence over the region.
- Integration of new OTT services across the already existing subscription-based streaming devices among the US household is expected to drive the media & entertainment sector across the region. For instance, Comcast announced in summer 2018 to add Amazon Prime Video to the online content available through its service thereby enhancing the application of the OTT media, which already includes streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, and Pandora.
- Further, According to the American media measurement and analytics company comScore, Netflix capture 74% of the total penetration of US OTT household, followed by Youtube with 54% and Amazon by 33% penetration. Such high deployment of the OTT services across the region is expected to drive the demand of the video & entertainment industry.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Need for Fast Internet Connectivity With Ultra-Low Latency for OTT Media
4.2.2 Rising Application of Multimedia Services Across Emerging Economies
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Negative Statistics Due to the Regulatory Risks and Technological Changes
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w95n0q
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900