Based on the best-selling book franchise with 20+MM books sold worldwide
Alex Rider is produced by Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television
WATCH THE TRAILER HERE
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–IMDb TV and Amazon Prime Video have secured the exclusive U.S., Germany, Austria and Latin America rights to Alex Rider, a new coming of age spy-thriller series based on Point Blanc, the second novel in the Alex Rider franchise, which has become a global phenomenon selling over 20 million copies worldwide. Alex Rider will premiere on IMDb TV in the U.S. on Nov. 13 and on Prime Video in Germany and Austria on August 7 and across Latin America later this year.
Produced by Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television, which also distributes worldwide, the series stars Otto Farrant as Alex Rider, a London based teenager who has unknowingly been trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage. Pressured to help investigate his uncle’s death, and how it connects to the assassination of two high-profile billionaires, Alex reluctantly assumes a new identity and goes undercover in a remote boarding school called Point Blanc. Isolated far above the snowline in the French Alps, Point Blanc claims to set the troubled teenage children of the ultra-rich back onto the right track. As Alex digs deeper, he discovers the students are in fact the subjects of a disturbing plan which Alex will have to risk his life to stop.
“With a 20 year literary history, the brand and iconic character of Alex Rider resonates with fans around the world,” said Lauren Anderson and Ryan Pirozzi, Co-Heads of Content and Programming for IMDb TV. “We couldn’t be happier to have IMDb TV as the exclusive U.S. home for this franchise and are excited to deliver customers a beautifully-executed, coming of age thriller featuring this dynamic ensemble cast.”
“I’ve been thrilled by the response Alex Rider has received on Amazon Prime Video in the UK,” said franchise author and executive producer Anthony Horowitz. “Everyone agrees that Otto Farrant is the perfect Alex and that the show absolutely nails the book. It’s everything I could have hoped for and I’m optimistic that viewers in the U.S., Germany, Latin America and many other territories will agree.”
“Amazon has been a fantastic partner for Alex Rider in the UK, and we are delighted to extend our partnership to the U.S., Latin America, Australia, Germany and Austria,” said Sony Pictures Television’s Wayne Garvie, President of International Production and Keith Le Goy, President of Distribution & Networks. “We are excited for audiences to join the thrill ride and journey of discovery that this brilliantly created show offers.”
In addition to Farrant, Alex Rider stars Stephen Dillane as Alan Blunt, Vicky McClure as Mrs. Jones, Brenock O’Connor as Tom Harris, Ronkẹ Adékọluẹjọ as Jack Starbright, Ace Bhatti as Crawley, Marli Siu as Kyra, Nyasha Hatendi as Smithers and Andrew Buchan as Ian Rider.
Anthony Horowitz, the author of the franchise, serves as an Executive Producer alongside Jill Green, Eve Gutierrez, series writer Guy Burt, and Andreas Prochaska, who directed multiple episodes of the series. Christopher Smith also directed several episodes of the series.
Alex Rider premiered on Prime Video in the UK and Ireland on June 4 and quickly became a popular summer binge. The series will premiere on Prime Video Australia on July 31.
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
- Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror and more.
- Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
- Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
- Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV and a free Channel within the Prime Video and IMDb apps across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the “Your Apps & Channels” row or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” IMDb TV is also available on the IMDb website.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch tons of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Mindy Kaling’s Late Night, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, Troop Zero, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, The Boys, Homecoming, Thursday Night Football and licensed and self-published content. Prime Video is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv —no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart tv. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast free shipping on millions of items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign-up or start a free trial of Amazon Prime visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 25 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
About Eleventh Hour Films
Established in 2010, Eleventh Hour Films is an ideas driven independent production company with a breadth of experience producing drama of the highest quality, both in the UK and internationally.
The company’s productions include Safe House (ITV), New Blood (BBC One), Foyles War (ITV), Collision (ITV).
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.